Monday, October 27, 2008

There's another world out there...


A whole world out there..., originally uploaded by jess sully.

Flynn and I are still alive, I promise. We've just had a lot going on with midterms and fall break travelling.
I forced Flynn to explore my bed today, by picking him up; evil, I know.
Actually, I've been making sure to pick him up a few times a day now, so he gets used to the idea... especially since he's going to the vet soon.
I've called around to vets in the GR area about neutering... prices range from $131 to $289. I found one that has two rabbit-experienced vets that charges $176 but that includes a new/well pet exam. The place sounds lovely, I might go with them.
I've decided to get Flynn neutered within two weeks from now. His behavior and litter habits are still wonderful, but I just want to curb the behaviors before they start, if at all possible. He has, however, started circling me.


Flynn's been the perfect bunny lately, actually. Although he doesn't feel the need to be petted at all. He has no problem getting in your lap and up in your face, but he very rarely lets me pet him on his head. I can stroke his back, but he just ignores it. I wish he were more cuddly or affectionate. But oh well, what can you do?
Flynn usually gets to be out for hours on end as long as I'm home and in the room, but I think I'll start letting him out for short periods while I'm not home (while I'm at class) to see how that goes. I just feel so bad leaving him all alone all day in his crate.
He IS probably getting a friend in a little over a month, though :) Either a dutch or mini rex doe... hopefully bonding goes well :D

3 comments:

Deb Cushman said...

Looks like he's really enjoying the view! Good luck with the neutering!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Flynn looks all grown up in this pic! He's such a gorgeous bunny!

All the best to Flynn for his neutering :)

RG said...

Looks like pretty Flynn might have the itty bitty starting of an escape hole on that window sill!